Annual Parade of Lights
Annual Gerald Chamber of Commerce Parade of Lights will be held on December 9th starting at 5:30 p.m. Come join us in celebrating the holiday season!
Christmas Parade of Lights
Regulations and Guidelines
• All entries are encouraged to pre-register so we have some idea how many floats are expected. Call the Gerald Chamber, Katrinia Henson 573-578-6206 or Paula Helmig 573-259-2096 for an entry form.
• All entries must be decoratively lighted.
• No live Santa's please! The Chamber of Commerce has already contacted Santa and Mrs. Claus and they do plan to attend. Santa decorations are fine.
• All entries must agree to the official rules and regulations of the parade.
• The parade committee has the right to deny any applicant entry into the parade.
• The Gerald Area Chamber of Commerce reserves the right to remove an entry from the parade that does not follow rules or is in poor taste.
• Candy must NOT be thrown since it’s going to be dark. You are, however, encouraged to have walkers to hand out candy to the children.
• All cars not in the parade must be removed by 5:15pm.
• All applicants are responsible for any and all acts/omissions on their part, or the part of their agents/employees, which may result in injury or damage to themselves or third parties. Applicants specifically agree to hold Gerald Area Chamber of Commerce and the City of Gerald officials free and harmless from any and all claims arising out of any such act or omission.
• All applicants are required to abide by the rules and regulations as established by the Gerald Area Chamber of Commerce and the City of Gerald, and by the laws of Missouri.
• The Gerald Area Chamber of Commerce will be hosting the Children's Christmas Party in the Rock Island Depot immediately following the parade.
This is the Christmas Parade of Lights so your entry MUST be decked out in lights and decorations...the more the better!
Corner Main St and Second St